In addition to Simulation Objects and Data Views, Planimate panels can contain paint objects.
Basic paint objects include Line, Rectangle, Ovals and Text. These assist in clarifying the contents of a panel.
More advanced paint objects include
- Buttons, which support both text and images and are useful in creating user interfaces.
- Viewports, which enable a panel to contain a view of another panel. Advanced capabilities include dynamically switching the panel a viewport shows.
- Map paint objects enable models to be built around a zoomable and scrollable tiled map or schematic diagram.
- Rich Text paint objects enable a panel to contain blocks of scrollable formatted text.
- Video enable embedding video playback in a panel.
- Window enable advanced developers to add dotNET based controls and forms to a Panel.
Paint objects work with Anchoring which enables them to dynamically reposition and/or resize to adapt the user interface to different window sizes.
Paint related articles
- Broadcast Click Action Options
- Changing Z-order of Views and Paint Objects
- Controlling Visibility of Views and Paint objects
- How do I get an RTF note to be displayed when my model is loaded?
- How do I make a pop up note?
- I want to hide an object's name.
- I want to hide an object.
- Paint Button State Options
- Paint Object Options
- Paint Objects List
- Where do I get those nifty hot link buttons I saw in the demo?
- Receiving a broadcast when hovering over buttons
- RTF Editor enhancements
- Hover highlighting of paint buttons
- Click Action Commands
- Click Action Screen Change Options
- Handling Multimedia Files in DataBases (DBs)
- Video Options
- Arrow Options
- Paint lines with arrow heads
- Can I save a whole screen's paint objects for use in other screens?
- I can't import the bitmap image I want to use.
- I lost the bitmap image I had in the background.
- Paint button text and shadows/indent
- Clicking buttons during run/simulate mode
- Showing specific help file sections
- Scoped broadcasts for buttons
- Preventing Paint Buttons from animating on a click
- System Label Lists
- Auto-Fit Panels
- Map (Paint Object)
- Tile Server (2011)
- Button (Paint Object)
- Tile Server (2012)
- Tile Server (2014)
- I have forgotten the names of all the BMP files I am using in my model.
- I want to import into my model some notes I made in another application.