Label lists contain text/value pairs, like C enumerations. Table columns and attributes can be formatted to display and accept input using a label list.
The advantages of using a label list include:
- A given string is stored only once, reducing replication and chances of errors
- Tables with millions of rows can use labels without wasting memory for for individual cell strings
- They are convenient for creating selection lists (eg: combo-box selection cells) and menus
- A label can be renamed and all references to it will be instantly updated
Modeller Created Label Lists
Default Label Lists
- Main article: Default Label Lists
Planimate includes a number of Default Label Lists with useful enumerations that the modeller can extend.
System Label Lists
- Main article: System Label Lists
A set of System Label Lists enable the model to access its own internal structure,. Unlike the default label lists, these cannot be altered as label lists; they are defined by another structure, for example broadcasts.